I don’t know about you but I like eating good food, especially breakfast food. But in the past I had always been put off from cooking and baking mostly because the recipes were always so complex and required I buy lots of things I didn’t already have and would probably never use again. But, after years of poor cooking and travels to learn how to cook and live simply, I’ve come up with some easy peasy go-to recipes that I like to make for myself or for friends that are simply made with the least amount of ingredients, are vegan and preferably with no plastic packaging involved. Here’s one of them.
VEGAN FRENCH TOAST
Good for 4 toast slices (1 serving or 2 if you have self control unlike me)
- 4 slices of bread (your choice)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (I use this kind because it’s thicker)
- a tsp of cinnamon or vanilla extract
- Mash the banana in a bowl, add the coconut milk and cinnamon or vanilla extract and mash mash mash until it’s a nice thick consistency
- Coat the sliced bread in the batter one by one
- Stick on a no-stick pan and sizzle each side for about 3-5 minutes until nice and evenly brown or to your liking
- Once all are done, top with whatever you like. I tend to use any leftover batter and coconut milk on top, some more cinnamon, a sprinkle of sugar and sliced fruit from the market. But honestly, they’re good as is
- Serve with a nice beverage like tea or soy milk and enjoy!
Total prep time: 5 minutes
Total cooking time: 20 minutes (if you have 2 pans going!)
See, it’s super duper easy and even on my first try they turned out AMAZING and I loved them so much I try to make them whenever I have some extra time on my hands in the morning after a nice yoga session and workout.
Any leftover toast pieces can be had later in the day or frozen until suits you best.